The title behind the Depth of My Soul is about going deeper with my poems, when I write about social circumstances that occur in our lives everyday. I am not going to deny that I also talk about stories of abuse in this book. I use my emotions to talk about my story, but mostly the abuses like genocides, wars of crimes, dictatorship and torture. CNN was the inspiration behind this book because I watched Christiane Amanpour’s documentaries Scream Bloody Murder and the God’s Warriors, where I discovered how cruel we can be when we choose to kill each other based on racial, political, religious and tribal reasons. It was an opportunity for me to get myself educated about many circumstances; I didn’t have any knowledge about. I watch CNN every single day and I see it as an opportunity for me to learn and educate myself. When I talk about all these evil doings, I am very often one sided. How can’t you be? Especially when you that wrong is wrong no matter how you see it.
No comments:
Post a Comment